Friday, June 24, 2011

Updates


Despite my best efforts to push through the limited edition of "Easy Being Green it is Not" it looks as though the print may never see the light of day. According to my contact at Acme Archives (the folks who would handle production and distribution), LucasFilm is reluctant to grant permission for it's release. It might have something to do with the fact that Kermit is in the scene and he is not part of the Lucas Empire, which I suppose could be a copyright issue. It makes no sense to me, since THEY HAVE ALREADY PUBLISHED IT, but there you are.
So please accept my apologies for letting this drag on so long and if there are any positive developments, I will surely let you know.

****

The second edition of A Sketchy Past is now available from Stuart Ng books or directly from the North American distributor, SCB. Apparently any number of copies can be ordered, from a single book to a thousand.
Buy a thousand.

****

I will be speaking at the Norman Rockwell Museum on Thursday, July 7th at 5:30pm about my experiences working with Blue Sky Studio and about my work in animation in general. This is part of a series of talks that will be given as part of the ongoing Art of Blue Sky Exhibit.


15 comments:

  1. This is unacceptable to let us down so coldly... Grow a pair, do some phone call, rough'em up!
    Make it happen! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Peter!
    I bought your book and I think your one of the greatest Character Designers out there!
    Keep up the excellent work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW! Well, it doesn't even sound like the way I want it to, here on the internet. It is more like WWWWWWWWOOOOOOOOOWWWWWW that I mean but alas... I'll have to settle down with a wimpy wow!

    Your drawings have always been amazing (just for the info sake... I am screaming that!)ABSOLUTELY AMAZING!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bummer about the book. I'd pick it up in an instant. Great drawing as always though. Wish I was near the Rockwell Museum...

    ReplyDelete
  5. You should offer them as a diptych and customers can frame them together as they please. Kind of a neat statement on the reluctance of LucasFilms, too - putting a chasm between Kermie and Yoda like that. Shame, shame, shame.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's stupid from LucasFilms ! Your artwork about Kermit & Yoda, nothing dangerous, nothing bad, just a great tribute, a parody, without intention to give a bad picture to those characters.
    Copyright sometimes is stupid. It seems like about using picture of Tintin in France & Belgia (and all over the world), the Moulinsart S.A always take a look (some escape like Sfar on "Rabbi's cat" recently on his recent animated movie )it's like "don't touch Tintin or ... " !
    But anyway, how much artists already published comics, arts, with some copyright characters ! How many comics with a Star Wars parody, or any cartoons, movies, comics...there are lot examples !

    I support you Peter !

    Guess to see your "Sketch from the past" published in France, which publisher will be on ?

    Friendly

    Julien (France - Solliesville first & last time i meet you )

    ReplyDelete
  7. So sad to hear about the book :( copyright shmopyright!

    This might be a bit of a long shot but I'm an animation student writing my degree piece on 'what makes a memorable character?' and would love to ask you a couple of questions. Is there an email address I could contact you on?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your all drawings very fantastic.
    My illustrations here:)

    http://taylanozgurcaliskan.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Everybody turned cannibal or " what"?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lo schizzo è un vero capolavoro all'altezza dell'illustrazione finale.

    Ciao
    Paolo

    ReplyDelete
  11. Awww nooo :(
    I MUST have that piece hanging in my home somewhere. Sigh. Hopefully they'll change their mind so you can sell some prints of it! I'll be one of the first to get it! :D

    ReplyDelete
  12. I can't imagine why they wouldn't want Kermit and Yoda together. Lucas put Mark H. as Luke along with 3PO and R2 on the Muppet Show. Gonzo was dressed as Darth Vader for goodness sake!

    Anyway, it's an amazingly beautiful piece and very sentimental for me. It's essentially Jim Henson and Frank Oz spending time together. Make it happen! I'd love a print!

    ReplyDelete