Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Not so Hard Times



Here's one of eight pieces I am working on, showcasing the main characters from some of Charles Dicken's most famous works. They will appear on new paperback editions being published by Random House sometime next year. It wouldn't be quite truthful to call this work, given how much I am enjoying doing them. And although the drawings will be used rather small in the context of the cover design, I think the whole package will make a handsome series.
Above is Josiah Bounderby from Hard Times.

12 comments:

  1. Have you ever thought of releasing a "How I do it" DVD (Your art work - to avoid confusion ;P)? Cause I would buy it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds perfect. Give us more!!
    And I second Sam G's motion.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful! Daumier would be proud.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Peter, your work is absolutely inspirational! This fella reminds me of Richard Griffith's character in Withnail & I.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Bravo, Peter! :D Love how the wine sliding out from the glass :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Buenísimo, Peter!!! Could you tell us which media did you use? How big is it? etc...etc...etc..

    ReplyDelete